Online press releases are one of the quickest and easiest ways to bring your home business to the target market.
Often, when people think of the term “press release,” they come to mind an important, life-changing story published by a large corporation or government agency. However, according to the World English Dictionary, the press release is simply “an official announcement or a message about information that has been circulated in the press.”
What does this mean for a domestic entrepreneur?
You have a powerful tool for creating advertising and attracting attention – right at your fingertips.
Why online press releases?
In the past, information has appeared in print media, television and radio. In recent years, the Internet has completely changed the way information is disseminated to people and organizations.
The average consumer now expects to hear from them immediately, especially online, so when you post an online press release about their home business, you can see a significant influx of traffic into your business over hours and hours. not before.
That’s why it works.
Many press release sites are considered important reputable sites by search engines, so if you optimize your report correctly, as described in this article, your news will appear higher in search results for queries you are interested in.
Also, the fact that they are labeled as reputable sites means that links from press release sites to your site carry more weight. So, in terms of the search engine, you are more reputable, and your website’s ranking is enhanced, making it easier for your target audience to search for you online.
In addition, your credibility in the minds of your readers is multiplied by the importance associated with press release sites. Then you will have a way to tell consumers about your home business, build relationships and really connect.
But what would I write a press release about?
As mentioned above, the press release doesn’t necessarily have to be about a sad event (although important news can quickly attract a lot of attention, as you’ll see below). Here are 10 ideas you can use to get free advertising using the power of the press:
- Advertise the opening of your business. If you’ve been doing business for a while and haven’t written about it, write an article announcing your mission. Tell the world who you are and what you have to offer.
- Publish a new product or service that you run. Share the benefits your customers can expect and tell them how to do business with you.
- Advertise your TV seminars and webinars. A press release is a great way to attract visitors, so always include enough information to make sure you’re attracting the right audience.
- Open a special sale or special offers that you have. Tell a potential customer why they should try their best to find you.
- Do you remember this important story? Connect important news with what’s going on in your business. For example, about two weeks before this article was written, Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton. Then the Franklin Mint announced the release of a limited series of portrait dolls by Kate Middleton.
- Create a Meetup group for home business owners in your area and promote it with a press release. You can announce the group and send out a press release before each event. In this way, you will increase your membership and increase the number of participants in the meeting.
- Post news when you start your website and whenever you make major changes. Make sure you have included an incentive to really get the reader to visit your site.
- Make a press release when hiring support staff. It is an implied statement that your home business is growing rapidly and that your potential customers must now do business with you, but still be able to work with you personally.
Hold a charity event and let the world know with a press release. One of the best ways to implement this idea is to list the product and allocate 100% of the proceeds to the charity of your choice. This is especially effective if the product being sold is informative because it minimizes your costs. No information product? Interview a well-known person in your market (let him know it’s for a good reason), write down an interview and sell a downloaded mp3 file.
- Start a contest and write an article to promote it. Include enough information so that the reader can clearly understand the rules and benefits. Competition is a great tool for creating a list of potential customers.
So what does the press release actually say?
One of the keys to successful online press releases is to write your story so that it is found when people are looking for what you offer.
To do this, spend a few minutes brainstorming and write down specific words and phrases that your ideal potential client can enter into the search box when they explore the solution you offer. Then use a keyword research tool such as Google’s third-party keyword tool to identify the most popular search queries in your market.
- Title. A good headline press release is short, starts with your main keyword and immediately attracts the reader’s attention. Use words of action and strong words such as results, secret, risk, disclosure and ad. Remember that the goal is to encourage the audience to learn more.
Summary. The summary consists of one or two sentences describing the topic of your story and should contain 3 to 5 secondary keywords. The abstract should encourage the potential reader to read the article in full. It’s also a good idea to include a link to your website in your press release summary so readers can visit your site right away if they want to.
Data line. The data line should include a date and a clear, concise news announcement. When someone reads a line of data, they or she should immediately understand what you are reporting.