One of the best things about traveling in Thailand is the fact that it’s not all Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Krabi. There are other gems like Sakon Nakhon that offer so much variety in culture, food, and scenery.
Sakon Nakhon is a small town in northeastern Thailand that is often overlooked by tourists. This is a shame, as Sakon Nakhon has a lot to offer visitors. The town is located on the banks of the Nam Pong River and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. There are several temples and historical sites to explore, as well as a lively market where you can buy local produce and handicrafts. Sakon Nakhon is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of Bangkok or Chiang Mai and experience the real Thailand.
Why Visit Sakon Nakhon?
Sakon Nakhon is a beautiful town located in the Isaan region of Thailand. It’s often overlooked by tourists, who flock to more well-known destinations like Bangkok and Phuket. But Sakon Nakhon has a lot to offer visitors, from its stunning temples and historic architecture to its friendly locals and delicious food.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider visiting Sakon Nakhon on your next trip to Thailand:
1. The Temples
Sakon Nakhon is home to several beautiful temples, including Wat Phra That Choeng Chum, Wat Si Udom Sawan, and Wat Luang Por Sothorn. These temples are not only visually stunning, but they also offer a glimpse into the town’s religious and cultural heritage.
2. The Architecture
Sakon Nakhon’s historic center is full of beautiful old buildings, including the City Hall, the Provincial Court House, and the National Museum. stroll through the streets and soak up the atmosphere of this charming Thai town.
3. The Local Food
If you’re a fan of Thai food, then you’ll love the cuisine in Sakon Nakhon. Be sure to try some of the local specialties such as khao soi (a type of noodle soup) and laab (a spicy meat salad). Yum!
4. The Friendly Locals
Places to See in Sakon Nakhon
There are plenty of places to see in and around Sakon Nakhon. Here are just a few of the many highlights:
-The Wat Phra That Choeng Chum is a beautiful temple that is definitely worth a visit. It is located on the banks of the Nam Mone River and is one of the most important temples in Sakon Nakhon.
-The Tha Uthen Waterfalls are another must-see. They are located about 20 kilometers from town and offer a great opportunity to cool off on a hot day.
-If you’re interested in learning about local history, be sure to check out the Phu Soi Dao National Park. This park is home to an ancient Khmer temple as well as many other historical artifacts.
-For something a little different, you can also visit the Banphang Snake Farm. This farm is home to over 200 snakes, including some of the rarest and most venomous species in the world!
Things To Do in Sankon Nakhon
Sankon Nakhon is a beautiful and historic Thai town that is often overlooked by travelers. However, there are plenty of things to do in Sankon Nakhon if you know where to look! Here are some of our favorite things to do in this hidden gem of a town:
1. Visit Wat Phra That Choeng Chum – This stunning Buddhist temple is one of the most important religious sites in Thailand. The temple complex is home to a huge golden stupa, as well as several smaller temples and shrines. Wat Phra That Choeng Chum is definitely worth a visit if you’re in Sankon Nakhon!
2. stroll through the Old Town – Sankon Nakhon’s old town is full of charming narrow streets and traditional Thai architecture. It’s the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll and soak up the local atmosphere.
3. Browse the markets – Sankon Nakhon’s markets are a great place to pick up some souvenirs or try local snacks. The Night Market is particularly popular with visitors, and it’s a great place to find cheap eats.
4. Take a boat ride on the Mekong River – The Mekong River runs through Sankon Nakhon, and there are several companies offering boat tours. This is a great way to see the river scenery and maybe even spot some wildlife!
Restaurants You Should Try
If you’re looking for a hidden gem of a Thai town, Sakon Nakhon is the place to go. This charming town is located in northeastern Thailand and is known for its beautiful temples, friendly locals, and delicious food. While there are many great restaurants to choose from in Sakon Nakhon, here are a few that you shouldn’t miss:
1. Khao Soi Islam: This restaurant serves up traditional Muslim Thai food and is one of the most popular places to eat in Sakon Nakhon. The khao soi (curry noodle) soup is a must-try!
2. Krua Thamthai: This restaurant is known for its hearty Thai food, including curries, noodles, and stir-fried dishes. The portions are large and the prices are very reasonable.
3. Sukothai Restaurant: If you’re looking for authentic Thai cuisine, Sukothai Restaurant is the place to go. The menu features both classic and modern Thai dishes, all of which are delicious.
4. Lao-style Restaurants: There are several Lao-style restaurants in Sakon Nakhon, serving up traditional Lao dishes such as larb (minced meat salad) and tamarind fish soup. Be sure to try the sticky rice!
5. Western Restaurants: There are also a few Western restaurants in Sakon Nakhon if you’re craving something different. For more information on Sakon Nakhon, Thailand, visit this Website.
Sakon Nakhon is a hidden gem of a Thai town that is well worth a visit. It has a beautiful setting, friendly people, and plenty to see and do. If you are looking for an authentic Thai experience, Sakon Nakhon is the place to go.